Saturday, September 12, 2026

Your True Identity - Who Am I?

One of the most important truths of the Christian life is understanding who we are in Christ. This is sometimes called identification theology—the biblical understanding that, through faith, the believer is identified with Christ in His death, burial, resurrection, and new life. The Apostle Paul writes: “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.” — Galatians 2:20. Our identity is no longer determined merely by our past, our failures, our circumstances, or the opinions of other people. When we come to Christ, we become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Identified With His Death: Christ's death dealt with the old life of sin. Paul teaches that we have been “crucified with Christ.” This does not mean that we physically died on the cross, but that by faith we are united with Christ and His finished work. Our old identity no longer has to control us. Identified With His Resurrection: The Christian life is not simply about what we have died to—it is about what we have been raised into. Romans 6 teaches that we are united with Christ in His resurrection so that we can “walk in newness of life.” We are not simply forgiven people trying to survive until heaven. We are people who have been given new life in Christ. Christ Is Our True Identity: Identification theology must never become merely a formula for personal success or self-empowerment. Our identity is not ultimately “I am powerful” or “I can have whatever I want.” Our identity is Christ-centered. We belong to Him. His life shapes our life. His character should increasingly become evident through us. The goal is not simply to discover ourselves—it is to discover who we are in Christ and live accordingly. A Kingdom Perspective: When believers understand their identity in Christ, they can serve God's Kingdom from a position of faith rather than fear. We no longer have to live as spiritual orphans searching for significance. We are sons and daughters who belong to God and have been called to represent Christ in the world. Your past may explain where you have been, but it does not have to define who you are. In Christ, you have been given a new identity, a new life, and a new purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment